1. This morning started like more Saturdays: lazy, cozy, slow.
2. The cupboard held all the ingredients for something fall-ish, pumpkin-ey and delicious.
3. The zen of (slightly) arranged cooking photos.
4. Not eating salmonella because you never know. Also, my little sister sent me a news story with the headline "How eating raw cookie dough led to one woman's death." Or something like that.
5. Better not to risk it.
6. Better to sample everything before putting the eggs in at the last minute.
7. Wondering: Does that make me OCD or paranoid?
8. Or both.
9. I can wait until they're done.
10. Forgets vanilla.
11. Adds extra to cream cheese filling.
12. More coffee x3
13. Swirl or layer? Swirl or layer? Layer. Dense cream cheese sounds good.
14. Am I following the recipe? Sort of... not so much. Should turn out fine, right?
15. #letsseewhathappens #storyofmylife #bakingisequalpartsscienceandart
16. Those graphic designers at Kroger's corporation have done it again. #vintagechic #puttingthespiceinpumpkinspice
17. Streudel... I wouldn't blame you if you ate a bowl of this for breakfast
18. Walnuts are a superfood, right? What about butter?
19. 60 minutes is a long time to wait.
20. Better do yoga.
21. That felt good; let's do some more
22. Now my heart's all open and glowing
23. More room for pumpkin spice coffee cake
It's not often that I post recipes, but then again, it's not often that I find recipes as delicious as this pumpkin spice coffee cake with a cream cheese swirl. Recipe credit goes Chelsea Lords, blogging over at She Knows, with just a few minor alterations:
This morning's post was powered by yoga, specifically the following videos.
The simple story of a girl looking for beauty and inspiration through her combined love of food and writing.
Blogs I Love