The Loch Ness Monster of the foodie world, most people know it exists... somewhere. In Paula Dean's kitchen, in some greasy restaurant that Guy Fieri visited in the midwest, in the Google cafeteria, I guess.
But like the Loch Ness Monster, your average food lover has never seen or eaten one in the flesh – er – dough. But unlike the Loch Ness Monster, the donut burger can be bought at Stuft Burger Bar (210 S. College Ave.) in Fort Collins for under $10.
Let's get a closer look.
Because you can't go into these things blissfully ignorant all the time, I've compiled a handy calorie breakdown. Actual counts may vary.
- 1/3 pound burger patty: 230 calories
- bacon, 2 slices, pan-fried: 160 calories
- 1 glazed donut (Krispy Kreme): 200 calories
- 2 slices American cheese: 140 calories
- 1 fried egg, cooked in oil: 100 calories
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup: 100 calories
Grand Total: 930 calories
Roughly half most people's daily calorie intake, but still lower than I'd expect... not sure Paula would approve.
Not feeling hung over? Make your own burger, or fill up on "Wingless Wings," fries or a salad.